Help Line: 833-PLG-HELP
Help Line: 833-PLG-HELP
Nassau: 516-873-8783
Suffolk: 631-673-1000
Palacios Law Group
View Our Practice Areas

November 2016 Archives

What To Do If You Get Injured At Work

WhatToDoIfYouGetInjuredAtWork.jpgSometimes accidents happen, and sometimes these accidents happen at the workplace. Companies work hard to provide safe environments for their employees. Safety precaution measures are always taking place, but still someone may experience a work injury. If you have experienced a work injury, and are unsure of what to do, Palacios Law Group has advice for you.
Businesses must carry worker's compensation insurance in order to protect their employees. It provides wage replacement and medical benefits to the employee. This insurance also gives up the employee's right to sue. The worker's comp laws are different from state to state, and it is important to know whether or not you are eligible for the benefits.
According to Legal Zoom, "private industry reported slightly more than three million nonfatal workplace injuries and illnesses in 2013, according to the latest numbers released by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics." The most common injuries are from falling, slipping, manual labor, the repetition of movement by the body, and motor vehicle accidents.
Falls are common for construction workers and other labor workers to experience. This can lead to a variety of injuries that aren't very damaging to extremely serious and fatal. It can lead to broken bones, injury to the brain, back, spine, or anywhere really. The reasons why these accidents occur are either because equipment fails, mere accident, or an unsafe working condition. 

Should You Get A Living Trust?

ShouldYouGetALivingTrust.jpgWhen it comes to estate planning, most people know that they need to have a written legal document distributing their assets. This is the essential way to make sure that your assets are protected. Most people, especially those who are parents, want to make sure that their loved ones receive a little help when they pass away. Creating an estate plan is the best way to help your kids by distributing everything you worked so hard for to them.
Most Americans create wills and about 20% have living trusts. To find out more information about the creation of a will and the basics when it comes to estate planning, check out our previous blog post. A living trust is a legal document in which your assets are placed in a trust. This is for your lifetime and then it is transferred to a beneficiary when you pass away. This is done through someone you choose as a representative. This person is also referred to as a "successor trustee." There are benefits to both a will and a trust, but how should decide what is best for you? You have to do research or consult a lawyer to find out what best suits you. 

U.S. Citizenship Through Marriage

More and more people are falling in love with someone else who lives on the other side of the world. This is because of a range of different reasons, such as the internet connecting people, vacations planned to different countries, to visiting a place temporarily for work or school. When a couple falls in love, especially with someone who lives so far, the question of marriage will come into play. Many people are willing to uproot their lives, and move to a completely foreign place just to be with the one they love. It isn't that simple though. In order to permanently live in a different country, you are going to need to become a citizen. It will take time, and isn't always guaranteed.
Naturalization is the process in which a non-citizen becomes a citizen of a particular country. You can attain citizenship through marriage, which is a step that couples usually take in the process of attaining citizenship. Usually before the couple gets married, they are a green card holder prior. After they hold a green card, they then apply for citizenship. In the United States, citizenship is granted by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
To be able to legally enter the U.S. and eventually gain citizenship, you must be married to a U.S. citizen. Your spouse should complete and submit all paperwork. The files this includes is the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and all required documentation. You should also make sure that all fees applied are paid.

Should you get a Personal Injury Lawyer?

ShouldYouGetAPersonalInjuryLawyer.jpgAre you unsure whether or not you should handle your own personal injury claim or hire a lawyer? People often feel that if they handle it on their own, they won't have to worry about paying as much in legal fees. This is true, but in many cases, especially more serious cases, it pays to hire a lawyer.
It's usually small cases that an individual is able to handle a claim either through insurance or Small Claims Court. Otherwise you may want to seek advice from a professional. According to a 1999 study, the average person will receive 3.5 times larger a settlement with the assistance of a professional in comparison with someone who does not. If you are looking to hire a lawyer, you definitely want to do it as soon as possible after the accident.
Personal Injury Lawyers can help you in many ways. When it comes to having discussions with insurance carriers, you are going to have to talk about your medical bills and property damage. Your lawyer will make sure your medical bills are paid as well as the property damage claim to your vehicle is paid. Your lawyer and lawyer firm will make sure all of this is done in a proper and timely fashion.

Email Us For A Response

We Are A Multidisciplinary Firm Serving New York

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy