Mon - Fri 09:00-17:00 | Sat 9:00-14:00
FREE Consultation

What If My Visa Application Is Denied?

Understanding The Path To A Green Card Or Citizenship

Getting legal residence or becoming a U.S. citizen can be tough. There are different forms to fill out and many rules from the U.S. Citizenship And Immigration Services (USCIS) that can be hard to understand.

Xavier Palacios started the Palacios Law Group. He’s known for coming up with new ways to handle immigration court cases. Our lawyers know how hard the immigration process can be, and they’re ready to help and support you as you try to become an American citizen

The Path To Obtaining A Visa Or Green Card

The process of obtaining a visa, or a permanent residency “green card,” will vary considerably based on your individual circumstances. A basic overview of the steps involved includes these milestones:

  1. A petition for immigration must be filed on your behalf. Sometimes, it is possible for you to file your own petition.
  2. If the USCIS approves your petition, you may file either a green card application with the USCIS or a visa application with the U.S. Department of State.
  3. At a biometrics appointment, you supply a photo, your fingerprints and your signature.
  4. After you participate in an interview related to the petition, you will receive an official decision on your application.
  5. Our firm can assist you with everything from preparation of your initial visa application to pursuing litigation if your application is denied. We have represented thousands of immigrants successfully and will help you avoid common pitfalls and missteps.

The Path From Green Card To Citizenship

If you have had your green card for five years, you may be eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship. After it is determined that you meet basic eligibility requirements — including the ability to read, write and speak English at a basic level — you can participate in a 10-step naturalization process, which includes:

  • Submitting Form N-400
  • Taking the U.S. Naturalization Test
  • Having a personal interview with immigration officials

Call Us For Aggressive Immigration Law Representation

Our firm’s attorneys understand how urgent your immigration and citizenship matters can be. We work from our offices in Mineola serving clients in Suffolk County and Nassau County, as well as throughout New York. To receive a free consultation, call us at (631)673-1000 or send us a message through our online contact form.


Se Habla Español. 

Stay connected and informed by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. We are committed to serving our community with excellence.

Let us help you!

If you need any helps, please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1 business day. Or if in hurry, just call us now.

Call +1 631-673-1000


Mon – Fri 09:00-17:00

Firm’s Presentation
Are you looking for someone to help?

Let us help you! Call Now : 631-673-1000

15 Roslyn Road, Mineola, NY 11501-4521
·   Mon – Fri 09:00 am – 05:00 pm | Sat 09:00 am – 02:00 pm

Subscribe To Newsletter